The children's book I remember liking as a
child the most is Halloween, by Jerry Seinfeld.
This book was about how as a young boy Jerry Seinfeld loved Halloween. He wrote about how excited he was for the
holiday, the costumes he remembered wearing, his love of candy and the way his
parents treated him.
An
amusing moment in the book is when Jerry, after getting a brand new Superman
costume that is much too big for him. The illustration shows Jerry in a saggy,
drooping costume looking in the mirror, while his reflection is muscular and
wearing a perfectly fitted suit. When
Jerry leaves to trick or treat, his mom puts an itchy corduroy jacket over his
costume, completely obscuring it. He
explains to his mom that he never saw superman flying while wearing a jacket,
so why should he?
Another
moment in the book is when Jerry describes his mask; how the cheap white rubber
band used to snap and break on his face.
He would have to retie it over and over until it got so tight he
couldn't see, and the small breathing hole would get sweaty and would get
harder to breathe until he would give up and take off the mask.
Lastly,
at the end of the story, after a hard night of trick or treating, Jerry writes:
"when you're a kid you don't need a costume, you ARE superman"
As
a child, I liked this book because of the humorous problems the character
faced, along with the uplifting conclusion at the end.
I remember being really young and dressing up in my mother's leather high heel boots. I would walk around the apartment, stumbling but I loved those heel/boot. after reading this, I was able to connect some parts of the book to my past(the part with the saggy superman suit). Nice Job! :)
ReplyDelete