Monday, March 3, 2014

The Seasons

The blue bird perches in the big brown tree
The boy watches the bird, sitting nearby
Watching the great scene in front of me
The many swirling paint strokes fill my eyes
The boy still waits, his mind cannot believe
He knows winter’s coming but he hadn’t seen
Until the last one falls, the final leaf
The tree is barren, no leaves, gone away
And winter came in like a crashing wave
Covering all leaves and trees, leaving none.
The grass was gone, none of it saved
The white blankets would only melt with sun
One day soon they’ll leave, spring will come again

If it ever hasn’t I don’t know when

5 comments:

  1. Dear Cassius, I think you did a great job writing this poem. I liked how your poem flows and is very fluent. I also liked how you were very descriptive when writing each season. Overall, you did a AMAZING JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually really shocked that you were willing to take on the challenge of writing a poem in iambic pentameter. You did a great job with the rhyming and keeping the poem in a way that makes sense. I also think you did a good job of making the poem flow all as one.

      Delete
  2. I thought you did a good job at writing a poem in iambic pentameter. I also liked how you used descriptive details and imagery in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the way you made sure to rhyme using end-rhyme and that you talked about the patience needed for each season to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed how you used the format in iambic pentameter, since it is actually a great challenge on following the format correctly. Also the description you include creates a nice picture on what your thoughts are towards seasons. Overall good job on creating a nice fluent poem that keeps the readers engaged!

    ReplyDelete